I am not a dermatologist and didn’t pay much attention to skincare until recently but that is not to say I didn’t care about my skin. I just felt once I took my bath, washed my face regularly and moisturise, I was good to go.
In my defence, my skin looked great regardless, so I didn’t understand the need to spend my hard-earned money on more skincare products. In fact, I have had people asking what I used for my skin, and anytime I mentioned not having a routine or using some homemade ingredient, most didn’t believe me.
That said, somewhere deep inside me, I knew my skin could be better like if I wasn’t paying so much attention to it now, imagine what it would look like if I did. So I read a couple of articles and watched videos on the importance of a skincare routine, how to start one, the basic, affordable products to start with and more.
Details from my research on skincare;
- Skincare isn’t a luxury, it is a necessity, i.e everyone should have a skincare routine or in simple terms, practice some form of skincare regularly.
- Great skin helps improve your overall confidence in yourself.
- Skincare is therapeutic, it helps take away all the stress and replenishes you.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive, there are different price ranges for different products.
- What works for one isn’t guaranteed to work for all.
Armed with this new understanding of skincare and skincare routines, I decided to start a daily/weekly routine with affordable products I can trust to get the job done.
Again, I am not a guru on this and I am sincerely hoping to God I don’t regret using a particular product or worse, have my skin react negatively. For this reason, I visit Shoprite or Miniso stores for my skincare products, somehow I trust these brands, not to stock products that are harmful and to get the best prices for a beginner like me.
I will share pictures of some products I got in this post and in another post, talk about their pros and cons, how to use them and why I got them. Let me know in the comment section if you are interested in that sort of content and if you have a skincare routine.