May 19 marks 2 years I started podcasting and it’s been an amazing journey. A journey that has taught me so much brought me in contact with great people and served as an avenue for numerous opportunities.
I am forever grateful for the day I learnt about podcasting and decided to start a podcast, sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I didn’t have my podcast ‘Twenty Somethings Rant’, I don’t have the answers, but I am glad I have it.
So today, I am going to share with you how I have been able to promote my podcast to get more listeners across platforms and increase my reach.
My goal is to share my 10 top ways for promoting my podcast, I shared 5 ways on my Youtube channel, Jessica Fortunes already, and so I will share the remaining 5 here on the blog, for all 10, go watch video;
Now let’s continue;
- Use as many social media platforms as you can; Personally, I use Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote my podcast. That is as far as I can go, but if I could do more, I would. Because the more platforms you can engage on, the more listeners your podcast gets.
- Record and upload new episode consistently; I am guilty of not being consistent, but on days when I consistently put out episodes, my numbers do really well and I am able to grow even faster.
- Feature on other people’s podcast; reach out to podcasters within your niche and pitch to them to have you on their podcast. Make sure to provide value while on their show and at the end, mention you have a podcast too for more of such valuable content, they can subscribe to your podcast.
- Join podcasting groups; I belong to a few facebook groups about podcast and some Instagram groups too, these groups from time to time allow group members to share their links or promote podcast episodes.
- Tell everyone; don’t be afraid to talk about your podcast, tell everyone about amazing content you have and convince them to check out your podcast.
Ok, these are ways I promote my podcast to reach more people, I hope you find it useful and can practice what I have mentioned.
I wish you all the best in your podcasting journey, see you at the top.